I'm writing some code and it's getting quite long, and I seem to get a lot of hanging in the front end when I'm trying to move the cursor to certain places with the mouse. I'm starting to think that there is a pattern to the places where I put the cursor that cause it to hang, but I don't know what the pattern is yet. I also get this message the pops up periodically, roughly every few hours while I'm working. I can't work out how it's related to what I'm doing at the time.
The string '"]' cannot be displayed with ShowStringCharacters->False due to an error in the string.
Sometimes I get the same message with '"}' instead of '"]', and sometimes I get "".
There was one point when my code seemed to get corrupted and some cells looked like a whole bunch of horrible box expressions. I copied the obviously corrupted parts from an old backup but maybe I missed something. I've tried running the following, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem
I'm happy to provide the notebook if it's helpful