Questions on the manipulation of List objects in Mathematica, and the functions used for these manipulations.
List objects are very general structures of Mathematica. Questions about how to create, add/remove elements, rearrange, nest, order, combine and display lists, sets, tables, arrays, vectors, matrices or tensors of any rank/dimension all belong here. Questions about more specific array structures like packed arrays or
SparseArray objects should also use this tag.
Questions dealing with matrices or matrix algebra could also use the tag matrix.
Some example questions:
- Delete duplicate elements from list
- How to thread a list
- What is the right way to rotate an array?
- How to apply or map a list of functions to a list of data?
- Does Mathematica have advanced indexing?
- Transpose uneven lists
- What is the most efficient way to add rows and columns to a matrix?
- Sequentially numbering a nested list