Questions relating to the dynamic family of functions in Mathematica, such as Dynamic, DynamicModule and Manipulate.
This tag is for all questions relating to the dynamic family of functions in Mathematica, i.e., anything found in the sub pages of the Dynamic Interactivity guide page. This includes high-level functions like
the mid-level constructions, gui building-blocks and controllers like gauges,
EventHandler, etc. and the low-level functions
DynamicModule (and lowest-level
DynamicBox). Questions about interactive interfaces, dynamic controls and control elements should use this tag.
Note that this tag is not to be confused with dynamic programming questions; the appropriate tag for that is memoization. Questions about the programmatic construction and layout of graphical user interfaces should use the tag gui-construction. Questions dealing with deployment/sharing of dynamic content should use the tag cdf-format.
Starting points to learn about dynamic functionality:
- Introduction to Manipulate
- Introduction to Dynamic tutorial on e.g. how to use the second argument of
- How to Build an Interactive Application tutorial with video
- Gauges guide about customizable gauges and meters for displaying information
- Advanced Manipulate Functionality tutorial
- Advanced Dynamic Functionality tutorial
- Principles of Dynamic Interfaces Wolfram Technology Conference 2015 video