2
$\begingroup$

I'm running a webMathematica server (running Mathematica 9) and am getting some weird stuff in the log - specifically, I keep getting the following message:

General pool request background 61 > [      ] Input MSP`Utility`DestroyRequest[] generated message:
Remove::rmnsm: There are no symbols matching "Global`$InterfaceEnvironment".

I can't find any documentation for this, so it's possible that this is a user created symbol that I'm not seeing, but I think this is unlikely. Is this error something I should worry about?

$\endgroup$
3
  • $\begingroup$ I know it's a long time ago, but now I'm experiencing the same issues. Moreover, Tomcat seems to be stopped by such errors and the website is no longer available until I restart services. So, my question is about how you have solved this problem or if you have any suggestion about that. Thanks, Roberto $\endgroup$
    – bobknight
    Jul 21, 2015 at 11:57
  • $\begingroup$ @bobknight Unfortunately, I never managed to solve this issue, but It also never caused the service to stop. Are you sure this is the cause of the problem? From what I was able to divine, similar error messages appear when Java objects are used with msp:set and msp:get, and it might have something to do with memory management. $\endgroup$
    – Daniel
    Jul 21, 2015 at 12:28
  • $\begingroup$ thanks for the answer. I'm not sure that this is the cause of tomcat's crashes, however this is the main message I found in catalina.log. Unfortunately there are no other useful information in the logs and I'm just doing some hypotesis. $\endgroup$
    – bobknight
    Jul 21, 2015 at 12:45

0

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.