I noticed that the output from
wolframscript appears to be different when running interactively and when running with code in a file.
I tried searching for this, but it's a bit hard to describe, so I didn't find anything.
Here is an example of the interactive output, which looks normal to me.
$ wolframscript Wolfram Language 12.1.0 Engine for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) Copyright 1988-2020 Wolfram Research, Inc. In:= Print[N[1/7,50]] 0.14285714285714285714285714285714285714285714285714
Here is the output when the code is in a file
$ echo 'Print[N[1/7,50]]' > code && wolframscript -file code 0.14285714285714285714285714285714285714285714285714285714285714285714285714285`50.
I don't understand where the suffix
285714285714285714285714285`50. comes from and I don't know how to get rid of it.