I need to run an algorithm that manipulates digits with big integers and integer functions, And I need to be careful to avoid erroneous results in my research.
It is not necessary to answer every single question. As long as you can guide me or where I can get this information on my own, I will consider my question answered.
Let's start with the first round of questions:
- How do I know the limit of digits Wolfram can manipulate?
- Does this limit depend on the available memory?
- Can I set this limit? (and how to do it, of course)
- If I exceed this limit by half the algorithm, does Wolfram warn me?
- And if it doesn't, then I would like to know what to do to detect that my algorithm is out of control.
I also work with various number-theoretic functions. Here's the second round of questions:
- Do these functions also have a limit?
- Is this limit independent of the maximum number of digits Wolfram can manipulate?
- And I would also like to know how to detect that a function cannot process such big integers.
I think my problem is that I don't quite understand how Wolfram manipulates integer numbers.