Reputation
2,168
Next privilege 2,500 Rep.
Create tag synonyms
Badges
12 49
Impact
~40k people reached

Dec
15
awarded  Custodian
Dec
15
revised Placing a ContourPlot under a Plot3D
Corrected spelling issue in title.
Dec
15
awarded  Custodian
Dec
15
reviewed Approve ListContourPlot interpolation fails if x and y axes have different scales
Dec
14
awarded  Good Question
Dec
13
comment How to set InputAlias for all future notebooks that are opened in current session?
Two examples: (1) if the user wants to open a new window (as a scratch pad, for example) and wants to do a few calculations using the package functions in the new window, it would be nice to be able to use the aliases there, too. (2) my package will also have documentation that is embedded with the Wolfram doc center. It would also be nice to have aliases working in the pages there, too. The answer CurrentValue[EvaluationNotebook[], {InputAliases, "xx"}] = "X" seems to do what I need.
Dec
13
comment How to set InputAlias for all future notebooks that are opened in current session?
Thanks for the explanation about SetOptions vs CurrentValue; that is most useful. The tiny palette is a very amusing, and I will use it for myself frequently. But I feel that it would be inappropriate to have that in a package that I will share with others :-D
Dec
13
asked How to set InputAlias for all future notebooks that are opened in current session?
Dec
12
comment Disable templates for user defined functions with usages
I got an email from Wolfram saying that 10.0.2 is out; so, is it fixed now?
Dec
12
asked How do I understand this big difference in speed:
Dec
10
awarded  Custodian
Dec
10
comment Creating cross-version compatible documentation with Workbench
@jkuczm The fix works. Thanks for taking care of it!
Dec
9
comment Creating cross-version compatible documentation with Workbench
@jkuczm I had a chance to try out your WWBCommon plug-in, and it's the best! I just noticed that there is a minor bug in adding up the total number of examples (which shows up in the 'Examples' heading in parenthesis). It seems to be over-counting when there are sub-sections. I believe the counter is looking through the whole tree adding the examples under 'sub-section' to those of the parent 'section', leading to double-counting. Would you be able to provide a fix? Maybe you could just add up the 'section' counters?...
Dec
8
comment Fixing links to symbol pages with special characters made with Workbench
I decided to delete the Symbol page UnitLambda and make it again from scratch, this time naming it correctly right from the start. This solved the problem on MacOS and the link works from search pages, too. I also finally got my hands on a Linux machine with Mathematica 8.0.4, 9.0.1 and 10.0.1. The behavior is exactly as you describe in your comments, and all the links are working as intended. Many thanks for your help! [For some reason the problem still persists on Windows but I can live with that]
Dec
7
comment HTML documentation build issue with Wolfram Workbench 2 and MMA 9
It worked for me (Mathematica v9.0.1, Workbench 2.0), but all the links point to the web (reference.wolfram.com), so none of them really work.
Dec
6
comment Fixing links to symbol pages with special characters made with Workbench
I have tried MMA v9.0.1 and v10.0.1 on Windows Server. Link in usage message of Unitλ doesn't show up. But links within other symbol/guide pages pointing to Unitλ all work fine (corrected by Issue1). Pressing F1 has never gone directly to the relevant page (neither on MacOS or Windows) for any of my symbols; it has always gone to the Search results page which displays the relevant page as one of the top hits. Interestingly, even after implementing your hack, the link in the Search page pointing to Unitλ does not work (goes to blank page) on both my Mac and Windows machine.
Dec
5
comment Fixing links to symbol pages with special characters made with Workbench
This worked perfectly on my machine (Mac OSX, Mathematica v9.0.1). But for some reason, the hack doesn't work another test machine which runs Windows Server. I have already made sure none of my file names contain special characters. I will need to test on other machines and see if I can pin-point the problem...
Dec
5
accepted Fixing links to symbol pages with special characters made with Workbench
Dec
3
revised Fixing links to symbol pages with special characters made with Workbench
Added link to solution to first problem. Clarified second problem.
Dec
3
asked Changing font in Workbench (stand-alone) code editor