Questions about how to convert numeric, textual or graphical data, code, sounds, animations etc. from Mathematica's internal formats into other file formats belong to this tag.
Some example questions:
- How well does Mathematica code exported to C compare to code directly written for C?
- $\LaTeX$ and Mathematica
- How to embed fonts when exporting Mathematica graphics as PDF
- How can I share objects with dynamic content with non-Mathematica users?
- How to control the page size when exporting as a PDF?
- How to save all data in all variables so that loading it is fast?
Useful links on Mathematica's
- List of formats Mathematica supports for Export
- Tutorial on exporting and importing data
- Tutorial on exporting and importing files
- Tutorial on exporting and importing graphics and sounds
- Information on how to create an export converter for a custom format not currently supported by Mathematica out of the box
Questions on how to get/import/convert data from external sources should use the tag import. Passing data or code to other programs via various interfaces (e.g. MathLink, J/Link, NET/Link) may use the tag interoperability.