Questions on converting data, graphics, sound etc. from Mathematica into other file formats.
Questions about how to convert numeric, textual or graphical data, code, sounds, animations etc. from Mathematica's internal formats into other file formats belong to this tag.
Some example questions:
- How well does Mathematica code exported to C compare to code directly written for C?
- $\LaTeX$ and Mathematica
- How to embed fonts when exporting Mathematica graphics as PDF
- How can I share objects with dynamic content with non-Mathematica users?
- How to control the page size when exporting as a PDF?
- How to save all data in all variables so that loading it is fast?
Useful links on Mathematica's
- List of formats Mathematica supports for Export
- Tutorial on exporting and importing data
- Tutorial on exporting and importing files
- Tutorial on exporting and importing graphics and sounds
- Information on how to create an export converter for a custom format not currently supported by Mathematica out of the box
Questions on how to get/import/convert data from external sources should use the tag import. Passing data or code to other programs via various interfaces (e.g. MathLink, J/Link, NET/Link) may use the tag interoperability.