Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

6

If you're using Windows you can use my MathMF package (see here). It is designed for frame-by-frame import and export of video files. The code would then look something like this: frames = FileNames["*.JPG", "C:\\Users\\Simon\\Desktop\\test images"]; << MathMF` MFInitSinkWriter["C:\\Users\\Simon\\Desktop\\test.wmv", 300, 300] ...


6

I checked the exported EPS from Mathematica on Windows 8.1. The whole contents are all included in the EPS file, but the page size / bounding box is quite unusual. So I guess it's possible the PS-to-PDF converter you used did not respect that page size, thus some contents are cropped. I found two ways working here: Using MMA's converter, i.e. ...


5

I can reproduce your problem (Win7 64, M10.0.1). Same problem if you try with PDF or EPS format. When actually your graph should look like this Graph[{1 <-> 1, 1 <-> 2}, EdgeShapeFunction -> "Line", EdgeStyle -> {Black}, VertexStyle -> Black, VertexSize -> .05] It looks like this is a bug, but there is an easy way around ...


4

Scale does work in strange ways. I think it is a design flaw that some transformations are only carried out during rendering (or that Normal works on Translate, but not on Scale). This makes geometric computations very awkward at times. Ah, well. The following is a horrible frankenfix to make your example work. Essentially, you need to define your own ...


4

If you need to achieve the best possible quality I strongly recommend against using the Clipboard for transferring graphics. Under Windows the clipboard will contain an out-of-date Windows Metafile which is generated with display resolution fidelity! This is the reason why you see jaggies. Instead, I recommend to Export your graphics as EPS and then import ...


3

Export["matrix.csv", m[[All, All, 1, 1, 2]]] should do the trick.


3

Even if there is some kind of mistake (typo) the solution is to use WhenEvent with Sow and Reap: {sol, {pts}} = Reap@NDSolve[{x''[t] == x[t]/(2*Sqrt[x[t]^2 + (1 - y[t])^2]), y''[t] == -0.2 - (1 - y[t])/Sqrt[x[t]^2 + (1 - y[t])^2], x[0] == x'[0] == Pi/3, y[0] == y'[0] == 0.5, WhenEvent[y[t] == 0 && y'[t] > 0, Sow[{t, x[t]}]]}, ...


2

You can also use the built-in function Quantile without having to use Solve or FindRoot. m2 = Table[Quantile[StudentTDistribution[0, 1, df], (100 + Vertrauensintervall)/ 200.], {df, 3, 30, 1}, {Vertrauensintervall, {80, 90, 95, 98, 99, 99.73}}]; The result is identical to the one you get using the method suggested by @Sjoerd (to the deafult ...


2

Your table can be generated much easier and considerably faster using c = CDF[StudentTDistribution[0, 1, df], a] - CDF[StudentTDistribution[0, 1, df], -a] // FullSimplify m = Table[ a /. FindRoot[c == Vertrauensintervall/100., {a, 0.1}], {df, 3, 30, 1}, {Vertrauensintervall, {80, 90, 95, 98, 99, 99.73}} ]; This exports to a ...


2

What I can see is that you need to include metadata in an accepted format for images, for instance EXIF. img = Image[Rasterize[x], MetaInformation -> {"Exif" -> {"ImageDescription" -> "An example", "Make" -> "camera brand", "Model" -> "xxx"}}] Export["test2.jpg", img] Import["test2.jpg", "ImageWithExif"] Options[%, ...


2

Boardman's tutorial (now in v3) really is excellent (especially for beginners like myself) and has been updated to take into account new image processing functions in MMA v10. It's readable on a Mac using the iBooks.app bundled with OSX 10.9+ and there's also a YouTube version (though I've not had a chance to look at that yet). As to how the Manipulate ...


1

There are a number of ways to grab moving images off a screen, and for iBooks/iPad resolution, that should be plenty good, though not so much at your local iMax. Examples: http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/ http://www.movavi.com/screen-capture/


1

If you are looking for a function which takes in a filepath and generates a filepath to a file with nearly the same name, but with a duplication of the final digit of the base name, then you can use String pattern recognition like this: formatString = First@StringCases[#, x__ ~~ y_ ~~ ".jpg" :> x <> y <> y <> ".jpg"] &; ...


1

If in the notebook you Save Selection as a .PNG, it seems to work fine. the PDF (when viewed with Acrobat Pro) is NOT empty, but has a bunch of empty squares where letters ought to be - I don't know enough about the vagaries of PDF to interpret this.


1

Indeed your problem is the different image sizes Try fixing the PlotRange frames = Table[ ParametricPlot3D[ {r Cos[\[Theta]], r Sin[\[Theta]], f[r, \[Theta]]}, {r, 0, 4}, {\[Theta], 0, 2 \[Pi]} , PlotRange -> {{-5, 5}, {-5, 5}, {-15, 15}} ], {t, 1, 10, 0.1}]; Now all images are the same size. Tally[ImageDimensions /@ frames] ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible