I know there has been a similar questions to this already but the solution did not work for me so here again:
I have internet connection and I can execute such commands like:
I am also able to use the functionality of Wolfram Alpha such as
== GDP of the USA
but when I do
it tells me that there is no connection and that I should test the connectivity which I did via "Edit->Preferences->Internet Connectivity->Test Connectivity". When I tried testing it it returned:
"PacletSiteUpdate::err: An error occurred attempting to update paclet information from site http://pacletserver.wolfram.com. Failed writing received data to disk/application"
When I tried to ping the
pacletserver.wolfram.com directly in the cmd it tried to ping
pacletserver2.wolfram.com which failed. When I did the same with
pacletserver3.wolfram.com it worked just fine.
So I tried Nikita's Solution with the windows host file which did not work for me.
After that I tried to change the server address within Mathematica with
$PacletSite = pacletserver1.wolfram.com
After that the Connectivity Test returned success. The CountryData-function did still not work, though. When I re-started Mathematica the
$PacletSite contains the original value
(http://pacletserver.wolfram.com) and the Connectivity Test fails again.
Even though the CountryData-function did not work, I think that the problem is that Mathematica tries to connect to
pacletserver2.wolfram.com and the
$PacletSite-Value does not influence the CountryData-function.
So is there a way to change the way Mathematica tries to connect to the pacletserver and tell it only to connect to
Thank you very much for your help