Mathematica Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of Mathematica. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This question already has an answer here:

I need to produce some plots that look like these but I'm not sure what they are called in mathematica, can anyone identify them ?


Update: I want to plot triples of the form (xvalue, yvalue, intensity) in a graph like that

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Jens, Simon Woods, whuber, Oleksandr R., Yves Klett Mar 27 '13 at 19:35

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Try DensityPlot! – PlatoManiac Mar 27 '13 at 15:17
DensityPlot appears to be for plotting functions, I have triples that I want to plot corresponding to (xvalue, yvalue, intensity) Is there a function for doing this ? – Aaron Kalair Mar 27 '13 at 15:24
It's probably ArrayPlot. There's also MatrixPlot, Image, Graphics[Raster[...]], and ListDensityPlot (which can interpolate). For triples you need ListDensityPlot or see this – Szabolcs Mar 27 '13 at 15:26

It might be ListDensityPlot with an InterpolationOrder of 0 and a black/white ColorFunction

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.